The Prime Minister and the Minister of Finance and Natural Resources presented the Budget Speech for the 2017–18 fiscal year on 13 March 2017. The budget contains the following tax measures:
- Adjusting the excise duty charged on carbonated water, beer and stout, cement and fuel
- Increasing the departure tax for non-Belizeans to BZD40
- Increasing the environmental tax on imported goods by 1%
- Increasing the social fee on Free Zone cigarettes to 20%
- Reducing the tax threshold for electricity consumption from BZD200 to BZD100
- Increasing the stamp duty on foreign exchange permits
© copyright IBFD. This article is part of a selection of daily news from the IBFD Tax News Service (TNS) chosen by EY professionals. All rights to the content reside with IBFD. Any use requires IBFD’s prior permission in writing. IBFD´s disclaimer applies to any and all of IBFD’s articles and publications.
DID YOU LIKE THIS ARTICLE?
Subscribe to the Tax Insights newsletter for the latest thinking in tax.